Inky Fingers & Technology

I saw this print recently and thought the idea was very clever!
As my office is in the studio, I've occasionally decorated my white keyboard with inky fingers.
This work reminds me of the joy of combining new and old technologies... 

Rachel E. Foster (USA), Beethoven Love Letter July 6, 18062009
Screenprint and fingerprints

Rachel E. Foster (USA), Beethoven Love Letter July 6, 18062009
Screenprint and fingerprints [detail]

This was written about Rachel E Foster on Printeresting recently:
Her visually disparate but thematically-linked prints, reproduce text into image, 
and the ways in which digital language can be confusing and tricky. 
Her artist statement hints at her enthusiasm for turning the digital into print.

The internet is playing a giant game of Telephone; 
information is copied, distorted, and reproduced. 
The data that you located on Monday, seems to have vanished by Tuesday. 
So much material is floating around the digital world 
with no physical form – they are ghosts [...]
Through the digital world I am collecting evidence of those things nearly invisible 
and through printmaking I stabilize them with a physicality. 


Comments